Plans to improve Kingsmead Leisure Centre facilities: deadline 18 February
Kingsmead Leisure Centre is very popular but the council recognises it is in need of significant investment. The fitness gym and studios have reached capacity and extra space is needed to meet demand, while the swimming pool changing facilities need an upgrade.
The council is now working with Active Life to improve the facilities on offer and wants to hear your views on the plans.
The main proposals are to:
- extend the gym to create extra space including more and bigger studios
- create a new two-storey soft play area and adventure zone next to a refurbished café
- create a new pool changing area
- refurbish the dry male and female changing rooms
- increase the amount of parking on site
In addition, there are two options for the future of the sports hall. To express your views fill in the on-line questionnaire by 5pm on Sunday 18 February. Find out more by clicking here.